What is a Bona Certified Craftsman?
We Take Craftsmanship Seriously.
Bona Certified Craftsmen are hand-picked, top-level professionals. They are trained and certified by Bona to use the complete Bona System on your hardwood floors. These individuals voluntarily undergo continued training to stay up-to-date on the industry’s “best practices.” Rigorous tests by Bona ensure their craftsmen achieve the most beautiful and durable results possible for your hardwood floors.
Certified Craftsman Requirements
Bona-Certified Craftsmen are an elite group of professionals rigorously trained by the experts at Bona. Bona Certification Craftsman:
- Complete 30+ hours of hands on/class room training dedicated to best practices when sanding, refinishing, and caring for hardwood floors.
- Pass a 100+ question written test on technique and product application.
- Use Bona-approved dust containment equipment during sanding.
- Continue their education with Bona through job-site visits and training several times a year.
- Carry enforced liability insurance coverage and workers compensation insurance as required by law.
- Have been an established business in the industry for a minimum of five years.
Your Hardwood Floors Are In Good Hands with a Bona-Certified Craftsman.
- Assurance of an experienced industry professional, trained and tested on all Bona product systems
- Best Practices – no shortcuts
- Legitimate, insured, licensed businesses
- Trust in the worldwide Bona brand, a proven “system” of the highest quality products from Bona
- Modern and effective dust containment systems
- Floor care education and products
- Opportunity for a 100% GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® job
- Lifetime Support from your Certified Craftsman
Bona 5-Star Advantage
The Bona Certified Craftsman Program’s Five Star Advantage gives consumers the power of knowledge that they are receiving the best-of-the-best in floor care and maintenance that minimizes disruption and results in beautiful, durable hardwood floors.
1. Durable & Beautiful Flooring Finishes
Bona water-based finishes dry 3-4 times faster than other products. Most homeowners can stay in their home during the refinishing process.
2. Clean Air, No Dust
Bona’s Dust Containment System generates 99.8% less dust in the air than the traditional floor sanding process. This makes the air safer to breathe and the clean-up a breeze.
3. Lifetime Support
Bona has the products and services that support homeowners in maintaining beautiful wood floors for a lifetime.
4. Insured, Trained and Trusted
Every BCC is required to be insured and to participate in Bona’s rigorous training regimen to make sure every floor is done right every time.
5. Back on Your Floor Quicker:
Quickly diminishing odor from Bona finishes give homeowners quick and easy access to their homes with minimal disruption. Most homeowners can stay in their home during the finishing process and be back on their floors in a matter of hours.